Synthetic fibre reinforcement
replacing steel in concrete
Elasto Plastic Concrete (EPC) is the leading global supplier of structural synthetic fibre reinforcement for concrete and shotcrete. EPC’s revolutionary BarChip fibres are used as reinforcement in concrete and shotcrete, replacing welded wire mesh and steel fibres.
EPC is an organization focussed on providing our customers the highest level of technical and application support. Our team of engineering, concrete and plastics specialist continually redefine the limits of synthetic fibre technology, delivering unmatched performance and usability to EPC clients around the word. EPC supplies BarChip synthetic fibre reinforcement into every major construction sector and for all types of projects. We’ve built our reputation on the strength of our people and on our products which have been tried and tested by major corporations and engineering experts worldwide.
EPC is proud to be associated with some of the world’s largest construction and engineering firms, which include BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Xstrata, Cemex, Boral, Hanson, Thiess, Acciona, Bilfinger Berger, Downer Engineering, Barrick and many more.
- Replaces steel fibre and steel mesh in concrete and shotcrete
- Inert material and will never rust
- Long term durability – corrosion free
- Lowest cost per joule fibre
- Post crack load capacity equivalent to SL82 mesh at standard dose rates
- Cost Reduction vs. traditional steel reinforcement
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Significantly improves shrinkage and temperature crack control
- Eliminates bending, cutting and placing of steel mesh, increasing efficiency and productivity
- Safer and lighter to handle than steel